This is one of those moments when sacrificing your heart health for the good of your gut is the right thing to do. There are only a few ingredients but every one of them is equally incredible. You’ve got the basic building blocks of bacon, butter, and bread, then add in lots of cheese and a little ranch seasoning then just listen closely as the angels sing. This may just be your
-1 unsliced loaf of bread (round is preferable)
-8-12 oz cheddar cheese, thinly sliced – more is always better!!!
1 (3-oz) bag precooked Oscar Mayer Real Bacon crumbles
-1/2 cup butter, melted
-1 Tbsp Ranch dressing mix
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Using a sharp bread knife cut the bread going both directions. Do not cut through the bottom crust.
- Place slices of cheese in between cuts. Sprinkle bacon bits on bread, making sure to get in between cuts.
- Mix together butter and Ranch dressing mix. Pour over bread.
- Wrap in foil the entire loaf in foil and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Unwrap. Bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Original Recipe courtesy of http://www.plainchicken.com