Four Cheese Lasagna Recipe
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 lb ground beef
1 lb ground Italian sausage
1 onion minced
8 cloves garlic minced
3 – 14 ounce cans crushed tomatoes
1 – 24 ounce jar of your favorite marinara sauce
1 cup water
3 bay leaves
1 chicken bouillon cube
3 tsp dried basil
2 tsp balsamic vinegar
2 tsp dried oregano
2 tsp sugar (to taste)
2 tsp kosher salt
2 tsp dried parsley
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/2 – 1 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add ground beef and Italian sausage, cooking until browned, about 5-6 minutes, making sure to crumble the beef and sausage as it cooks. The last 2-3 minutes, add onion, and garlic to beef and cook.
- Drain to remove excess grease.
Place meat mixture into bottom of slow cooker.
- Add remaining sauce ingredients and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours
-1 box Barilla no boil lasagna noodles
-16 oz ricotta
-1/2 pound mozarella
-1/2 pound provolone (sliced)
-8 oz shredded Parmesan
- In a glass backing dish, place a full ladel of sauce to cover the bottom of the dish.
- Place a layer of no boil lasagna noodles and top with another ladel of sauce top with thin layer of mozzarella and Parmesan
- Top with another layer of noodles.
- In a separate mixing bowl mix the egg with the ricotta cheese
- Cover the noodles with a layer of the ricotta cheese mixture.
- Add a layer of sliced provolone over the ricotta and cover with another ladel of sauce and top with another layer of noodles.
- Add another layer of sauce and another layer of noodles if the dish permits.
- Finally top with more sauce. Cover the entire top with a heavy layer of mozzarella, and top that with a layer of shredded Parmesan.
- Cover in foil and bake in preheated oven at 375 for 40 minutes
- Remove foil and bake 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and brown.
- Allow to cool 15 minutes before attempting to slice into servings